Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm in my 30's....

It was my birthday yesterday. I turned 30 :-)
I planned to have some photo's from various parts of my life to put up but I forgot to give them to my scanner owning friend. Sorry-will do in the next week or so.

So was this where I thought I'd be at the big three-oh? I guess it kinda is and it isn't. I always knew I wanted kids and I wanted to stay home and look after them. Did I ever think I would be as settled and blissfully happy as I am? Not really. It has been a bonus to discover that I truly love being a mother and wife-even though some days it is hard (OK really hard sometimes) and challenges me daily there is nothing I'd rather be doing. I have learned more about myself since having kids that I learned the whole rest of my life. As wild'n'crazy as I was in my younger years I am truly settled and content. Sure I read the gig guide sometimes and think that maybe seeing You Am I would be perhaps more fun than the Play School band-but it's all worth it. And I love spending nights at home with my husband rather than going out on the piss and having a nasty hangover the next day. That all sounds terribly responsible and some of my friends would laugh their asses off at the thought of me not drinking or smoking-in fact being really health conscious and aware of what I put in my body. Not to mention the fact that we have no TV by choice and all the other "hippy" type things we do.
It's all been a journey-and there is still plenty to go-but I'm loving 30 so far. I feel like I know who I am and have nothing to prove and no one to impress.

1 comment:

katef said...

Welcome to the world of 3 Something!

Related Posts with Thumbnails