Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cloth nappies

Photobucket

I have a system that works! It's taken me over 4 years and lots of buying and trying to be happy.
Photobucket
Tannah got to test drive pretty much everything lol. She started in old school terry squares and PUL covers. Then I went to playgroup-nappy nerds, the lot of them and I was introduced to modern cloth nappies. Fitteds and pockets and all-in-ones OH MY! And the colours! The fabrics! The lust to have all different kinds! There were hand knitted pants that doubled as nappy covers-who knew!
Photobucket

But when Willow came along I went to All in ones.

Photobucket
So easy to use! I'd had my fun with all the other variations (and spent a bomb on some one of a kinds-oops!)as soon as Willow was past the tiny stage when fitteds are fantastic I bought a complete stash from Bubblebubs and I must say they have been my faves-they are still my main stash-we have only had to replace a few and get more cause we have 2 in cloth!

Photobucket

It is only recently that we have been using cloth at night. I love Bumgenius! with extra boosters for night.

Gotta love the cloth bubble butt :-)
Photobucket

Using cloth is no big issue. I keep the wee ones in a nappy bucket with a lid but no water and the poo ones just go into a bit of water. Every 2nd day I do a wash. Easy. And it's fun! So many different types and some are soooo pretty! Check out these I want some of these pretty badly lol. Willow is even giving training pants a go.

A good place to check out is here at the Nappy Network-lots of good info about reusable nappies and links.

Don't write cloth off as too hard or messy. It can be heaps of fun and is really hardly a bother at all.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Alipants said...

Hi Shae,
What a great article, I love the picture of your three gorgeous girls .... I did a bit of a double take with your youngest as she looks to be about the same age as my little girl, Tess, and she has a stripey suit too!

Anonymous said...

Do you individuals have a facebook fan web page?
I looked for one on twitter however could not
discover one, I would really like to turn out to be a fan!


Feel free to surf to my page - tips to get pregnant

aliah said...

Cloths nappies are good for your kid and yes cloth nappies can save your good amount of money, you should opt cloth nappies instead of modern diapers.
Cloth nappies Sydney
http://www.minkiebaby.com.au/

Related Posts with Thumbnails