Wednesday, December 30, 2009

We have chooks!

We are now the proud parents of 3 chickens :D They are all about 4 months old.

A silver silkie Tannah has named "White". Like "Pink" the singer apparently, but different.
Photobucket

A two tone brown silkie (I'm sure chicken enthusiasts know the real names lol)Willow has named "Cheeky Chicken"
Photobucket

And a white pekin bantam who we are yet to name. She is clearly the boss and a noisy, flighty girl. I like her, she has spunk.
Photobucket

They are inside in a portable cage today to escape the heat and I am enjoying listening to all the clucking and book booking going on. I am looking forward to collecting tiny eggs....

2 comments:

katepickle said...

yay for chook chooks!!!

Nashi said...

They are so adorable and i wish I could cuddle them It reminds me of one of my kids toys. He sure looks like a toy!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails