Friday, January 29, 2010

Things to look forward to

I walked into the play room this morning and not only was Harper happily playing without me in the room, she had pulled herself up on the bookshelf and was standing wobbly while holding the shelf-and grinning because she was so darn pleased with herself.

My last baby is growing into a toddler-and it makes me a little sad and nostalgic about when my other two were babies.

But there is a lot to look forward to-so I'm going to focus on that.

-no car seats and kids who can buckle themselves in and out-WOOT!
-being able to share chapter books at night
-no bums to wipe or nappies to wash
-no night feeds. That seems like a fanciful dream lol
-all 3 girls wanting to spend the morning with their grandparents
-not having to carry a bag with spare undies, pants, nappies, wipes, bibs etc etc
-a night out with my husband,just me and him
-a little more help around the house

Don't get me wrong-I'm not wishing away the baby stage. It just seems that I'm all of a sudden painfully aware of how quickly it does pass. But until it does I'm going to enjoy all the stuff that is part of being a Mama to littlies-except maybe the carseat thing.

1 comment:

Hearts and Hands said...

I am nodding as I read your list. Trying to convince myself we too are complete.
Yet I am hearing a teeny voice in the distance, every so softly questioning whether there is 'just one more' lol

I need a mantra...no more nappies, no more nappies.. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails