Monday, April 19, 2010

Be careful what you wish for...

Photobucket

We have just had weekend mania. 3, yes THREE birthday parties for us and Luke went out on Saturday night as well. Not to mention that he worked on Saturday morning.
That's not to say that we didn't have a lovely weekend catching up with friends and celebrating birthdays-we did. But we did it by running from one place to the next and let's just say that nutrition did not feature highly. Nor did day sleeps. Luke has been on shift this past week as well so we have not seen a lot of him as he is often home when the kids and I have things on.
So yesterday I uttered those last famous words "what we all need is a whole day at home and some serious downtime".

So I have got what I wanted.

Luke woke up and his back is really sore so he is going to spend the day at home, taking it really easy. Tans said she felt funny and vomited all over the toilet floor. And Willow is doing what she always does after eating processed food (which we normally don't feed her)-she is melting down and having tantrums all over the place. Harper needs to play sleep catch up which leaves me. Feeling fine but with 4 people who will need my help all day.

The portable DVD player has already made an appearance and those who are eating got crackers with butter for breakfast-gourmet indeed. But I DID ask for a whole day at home, for all of us and downtime. So I'm going to make the most of it and wear my tracksuit pants all day, leave my bra in the drawer and do as close to nothing as a family full of sick, sore and crankies will allow.

2 comments:

katepickle said...

Haven't I taught you anything?? You need to be VERY specific with what you wish for!

Hope everyone is feeling better real soon.

Stitch Sista said...

ah ya poor things. Hope everyone is better asap

Related Posts with Thumbnails