Thursday, December 2, 2010

Flatbread

Photobucket

I'm always on the look out for easy recepies that I can use spelt flour in place of regular wheat flour. Especially bready type things. I received my copy of Otherways and there was a yummy recepie for this flat bread that needed no yeast and was pretty fast as far as breads go.

You'll need-
250g plain flour and extra for dusting bench, roller etc (I used spelt flour)
1tbsp olive oil and extra for the frypan
1tsp of salt
150ml warm water

Photobucket

Mix the salt and flour together and add the oil to the water
add them all together and mix with your hands (or spoon) then tip out onto a floured bench and knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and plump
leave to rest for about 15 minutes
knead again & cut into 8 equal parts. Roll each segment until it's a thin round.
heat a small frypan with a little oil, fry the flatbread on each side for about a minute. You'll see dark spots appear and the bread will puff a little. Keep them under a warm tea towel until they are all cooked.
(the directions in Otherways are much more concise than mine!)

We ate ours with eggs from our chooks but the possibilities are endless! I think they would be delicious with dips.

Photobucket

Enjoy! We did!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Superb choice of colors!
Have a look at my weblog :: Testosterone Supplement

Anonymous said...

It's enormous that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph as well as from our discussion made at this place.
Feel free to visit my weblog : http://ketoneselect.com

Anonymous said...

Quality content is the main to invite the people to pay a quick visit the website, that's what this site is providing.
Feel free to surf my webpage ; Garcinia Cambogia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for some other excellent post. The place else could anyone get
that kind of info in such a perfect approach of writing?
I have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at the look for such info.

My site ... Tostoboost Review

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I really think this site needs
a lot more attention. I'll probably be returning to see more, thanks for the advice!

Review my web page; Saffron Extracts

Anonymous said...

Hello every one, here every one is sharing these know-how, so it's nice to read this web site, and I used to
pay a visit this web site everyday.

Here is my blog post - Search engine optimization Chicago

Anonymous said...

Mais en somme, tout cela n'est pas si horrible: voici dans la rue, quelqu'un qui nous divertit par des propos plaisants.


Here is my homepage: création de flyers toulouse

Anonymous said...

Make sure you use the online tools around you to promote yourself, and
don't just rely on sending out your photographs to all or any and sundry.
But a conversation on that may have to wait for a future article.

There are numerous different types of ND filters, nevertheless, you can choose one that is darkest.


My website ... landscape photographers

Related Posts with Thumbnails