Thursday, February 10, 2011

My poor head

Photobucket

Look at this adorable face. Who knew this beautiful child could be capable of giving her mother a concussion and a splitting headache for 3 days.

Monday night in the wee hours I was woken by her bony heel smashing into the bridge of my nose. I screamed, I cried, I bled all over myself. My husband, 3 year old and the culprit herself slept on through the drama.

I woke the next day very sore and sorry and not quite right in the head. The progressed to some pretty serious pain and a strange sort of foggy feeling and the light hurting my eyes. The next day I felt clear but had two very puffy and dark eyes, a swollen nose and still some pain. Today I'm OK but only while the pain killers are working. I'm a little stunned at how much it hurts!

And it seems there may be an actual danger to co-sleeping-tiny, bony heels!

7 comments:

Clare said...

She is adorable. I feel your pain, having been there, done that.
I hope you are feeling better, hugs. Before having children I never knew what a physical hazard it could be.

Sleepydumpling said...

What is with toddlers, it's like they're made of reiforced steel or something, they do such damage to adult heads.

I can remember being headbutted when I was nannying and while I got perilously close to passing out and had a black eye and concussion, Zachary looked at me and giggled.

Anonymous said...

Vanity Fair is stylish and well written, and they push the
envelope in celebrity reporting, giving readers if not
a balanced representation, then at least an interesting angle to a
well known personality. However there are several
troubleshooting steps you need to perform in order to determine the problem.
Every now and then, new stars emerge and disappear in the blink of an
eye and every smallest detail about the same becomes important celebrity
news.

Check out my web site - latest celeb news

Anonymous said...

White biotechnology is for the business field and the marine biotechnology for all sea life.
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin emphasized this
commitment, "We have allocated substantial resources for the development of such promising areas as nano-and biotechnology, nuclear energy, aerospace and other research. This means that by the time elementary school-age children reach the workplace, this system will be in place, requiring maintenance and advancements.

Feel free to surf to my page www.biotechnologyreview.net

Anonymous said...

Hi to every one, itís actually a nice for me to pay a quick visit this web
page, it contains valuable Information.

Also visit my site - please click the up coming post

Anonymous said...

Here again you want to find or even create an angle or slant
in which you can take headline news and 'incorporate' it into a post you are
composing. You can give tips to the workers in the salon, restaurants where the star visit frequently.
Celebritynewsapp has developed a celebrity app
which is getting popular day by day.

My website ... kurd-book.com

Anonymous said...

Your style is really unique in comparison to other folks I've read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll
just bookmark this blog.

My site: blogtescil.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails