Sunday, February 6, 2011

Simple pleasures-more backyard photos

Those who are bored to tears by garden photos look away now.

I share lots of these because I want to people to be inspired to make the best of a small space. We have eaten a LOT of food out of our garden recently including raspberries, strawberries,
Photobucket
carrots, silverbeet,
Photobucket
peppermint, basil, cucumbers, tomatoes, peaches,
Photobucket
sage, thyme and of course eggs from the chooks.
Photobucket

We're having a lot of success growing things in barrels
Photobucket
Photobucket

And the raised garden bed have really made a difference with all the rain we've had.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I really do get a lot of joy out of the lush, green oasis we've created!

1 comment:

Marita said...

Oh your garden looks fabulous.

I really should do something with the barrel we've got at our front door. I filled it with flowering annuals and have not done anything since they died off.

Wish I could put a dwarf fruit tree in it but it just does not get enough sun there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails