Friday, April 1, 2011

Things I Know

Wow 11 people joined in with Things I Know last week! If you want to join in this week add your link below and don't forget to link back to me :)

This week I know....

-earth hour may be less family fun by candle light and more fighting over who has the coolest torch.

-imaginative children will find props for their game. Like your (clean!) menstrual cup for a tea party for example.

Photobucket
-do not underestimate how putting things where they should be will get you out the door on time!

-talking the free range kid talk is one thing and walking that walk is another as you will discover when you feel worried about your oldest child playing about 5 meters from your front door unsupervised.

-in Melbourne the temperature has little to do with what season it is.

-nothing evokes such nostalgia as sorting through your children's hand me downs.

-sometimes unschooling means having a half an hour discussion at 10pm about "where the moon goes in the daytime" complete with a You Tube demo when you might prefer to be sleeping.




6 comments:

Leah said...

I really like your cubby system for your activities!

Deb G said...

Lovely Shae. I get nostolgic with sorting through clothes my kids have grown out of (not so many hand-me-downs happening from girl to boy)... get very emo in fact!

I had to read 'menstral cup tea party' a few times before it computed!

xxx

Kate said...

Am so grateful for aforementioned hand-me-downs! Thank you :D

And your organisation gave me a little zing. Love love systems!

katepickle said...

oh I like the little cubbies... and i too have learnt that we can almost get to ballet on time if the bag is packed the week prior! LOL

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Nothing gets me undone faster ...

'nothing evokes such nostalgia as sorting through your children's hand me downs'

especially the small stuff.

OMG I almost missed the menstrual cup for a tea party for example...hilarious.

Beet said...

I'm still stuck back at the menstrual cup tea party prop. *snort*

Related Posts with Thumbnails