Tuesday, May 3, 2011

We Play! At the drive in

We Play


Want to take your child to a movie but kind of worried at how it's going to go? If you live anywhere near a drive in theater I highly recommend it!

I have taken Tannah to the cinema twice. Both times she enjoyed the film but was put off by the volume (why does it have to be so LOUD?)and the idea of sitting still for an hour and a half.

Willow and Harper are FAR more sensitive to loud noise and the thought of taking Harper anywhere where with expectations of still or quiet makes me want to lie down and weep.

But they had all seen the ads for RIO. All three were keen-even Harper "birdy birdy moofee Mummy!"-to go and see it at the cinema.

We are fortunate to live near a drive in cinema. I thought a place where control of volume, ability to get up and walk around as well as still being able to drink my weight in frozen coke could be fun. Then I found out kids under 12 were FREE. Bingo!

Photobucket

We have a station wagon (of course we do) so we backed it up and made a "nest" in the boot for the kids while Luke and I sat in fold out chairs we had bought.

The movie was delightful, the kids were entertained, the frozen coke was delicious!
And as an added bonus this is what the scene was when we arrived home.

Photobucket

I'm playing along with Childhood 101's WE PLAY! Check it out for other great play ideas.

6 comments:

Deborah said...

I love the last photo!

And what a good idea! - will keep it in mind for potential family movie night in the future.

Kate said...

Love it!!

SaraMG said...

Drive in: awesome idea! My daughter Sofia (3yo) is soooo sensitive to noise (despite being the loudest kid in Melbourne...), I am so checking it out to see if there's one near us! And free for the kids! Does it get any better???

Juniper said...

Love that last photo!

Meg said...

How wonderful. Sadly no drive in movies in New Zealand (not that I know of anyway).

Marita said...

Fantastic idea and something hubby is really keen to do with our girls. I will have to check out what is on at the Coburg drive in this weekend :) Would be a nice family outing for mothers day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails