Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We Play! Fun Packs for the road trip

We Play


The big road trip is TOMORROW people.

The three kids & I driving a 26 hour round trip sans husband. I’m stopping over one night each way but it’s still MANY hours in the car.
Because I think a little bit of preparation goes a long way I’ve made some fun packs for the car.
These will hang over the seat (underneath the portable DVD player screens-which I’m hoping will occupy the kids for a fair whack of the drive) where the big 2 can reach their own bits and bobs and I’ll have a bag on the front seat for Harper so I can help her with minimal distraction.


This is Willow’s car pack. She’s three. Tannah’s is the same with the addition of her Nintendo DSi.
Photobucket

It has a sticker book, paper dolls book, a couple of coloring books that she chose, a kids magazine, a blank notepad, a pencil case, a new toy and some healthy packaged snacks that are easy for her to open as well as her water bottle.
Photobucket

Inside the pencil case is textas (washable ones); stickers and mini post it notes.
Photobucket

I’ve found a small new toy is always appreciated as are things that you don’t normally buy- for example I have never bought the kids a magazine before. I have made the mistake in the past of choosing the coloring books myself. MISTAKE. There was one unpleasant plane ride once that involved tears from both Tannah and Willow over me giving them the “wrong” book. Now I ask for input! All three girls will be also able to choose some toys from home to bring in the car.

So with these great packs, some toys endless hours of spotto and many rest stops for us all to stretch our legs it should be a breeze right??

I'm playing along with Childhood 101 for We Play! And you should too :)

12 comments:

Leah said...

Where are the packs from? They look really good. I nearly got the ones at Aldi the other day but they were long, covering the car seats pocket with a smaller one which seemed silly.

It looks like lots of fun, I want one too! lol

Kate said...

I'm with Leah, you need to do us up some fun packs too! Kthxbai! LOL

They look awesome, am totally inspired to tackle the road trip myself. You're gonna rock it :)

Alissa said...

Looks like you're set for a great trip! Glad I found your blog via Childhood 101.

amandab said...

We did a similar thing after our last trip (not nearly as long!) too. After the dvd the blank notebook was a big hit, especially after stopping at a park and picking up some leaves to draw :)

Good luck, hope you all make it to your destination without killing eahc other! :P

Marita said...

They look fantastic. I think I shall come to you for help for our next flight to QLD :D

Post it notes are brilliant, so entertaining and simple :)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I fabulous idea Shae. Our car seat things were long too and the strings at bottom kept coming undone.

I need 2 of these tomorrow - ours in only 5hrs thank goodness.

Miss Mandy said...

whoa that is a big trip. stay calm on that one.

check out http://www.family-travel-made-easy.com they have heaps of great ideas including free printables.

good luck.

Lulu said...

Love them!!! I have mine in my sons backpack but for a car trip that idea is great!!!

Enjoy the trip!

Kestrel said...

I'm digging through your blog post as we're doing a 26 hour drive next week! And we're getting our packs together as well. Hope the trip goes well xxx

mum+dad=akira and linkin and elijah said...

Good luck!! Packs look great.
We are doing 6hr flight with 3 boys and I must have spent
2 weeks choosing the right bits for their carry on luggage.

Leisa Dreps said...

Ooh, those packs should definitely help kids during road trips. Twenty-six hours is a long time, and kids can get pretty bored if there's not a lot to do. Well, I hope the road trip runs smoothly for you! When you need to go to a rest stop, just go. It would help make kids (and you) feel less restless. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I visited several websites except the audio quality for audio songs current at this website is
genuinely excellent.

Here is my web site :: registry cleaner
My web page > best registry cleaner

Related Posts with Thumbnails