Monday, August 8, 2011


I am probably at the most unfit I have ever been-and I miss being fit.

When I was a kid I was a swimmer. I used to do squad training and I was pretty good at it too. I also played netball and was always out on the roller blades.

When going out to the pub as a young adult became more important than sport I still went for a daily walk and dip in the ocean. And I used to do yoga and even had a personal trainer at the gym there for a while.

We had dogs to walk after Tannah was born and lived near the beach after Willow was born so i was always walking with a baby or two in the pram.

None of this made me thin-much to my then dismay. But I was fit.

Now that I don't diet (this post over at Fat Heffalump seems to be channeling my life and explains why) and am more interested in my health than my weight I am feeling freer to seek fitness without the goal of being some magical weight or to look a certain way.

I have found it difficult to exercise since becoming a mother to three. It's more people than I have pram seats for and my life has been pretty busy. But I have really been missing that feeling of fitness.

So I'm making my fitness part of the family to-do list and making time for me. I'm going to get back into both swimming and yoga and I'm even going to give the C25K a go.

Strength and fitness again ahoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails