Thursday, October 6, 2011

Things I Know-the Roar n Snore edition

Hey hey Know It Alls and happy Friday! Welcome to the Things I Know linkup. Want to join in? Easy peasy-write your own Things I Know post and link it up below.

This week I get to gush about the super fun night I had thanks to Porter Novelli and the release of The Lion King onto Blu Ray 3D, Blu Ray and DVD on October 12.

This week I know-


-seeing The Lion King in 3D at the cinema was awesome. Even if I did have to listen to Tannah stage whisper "THIS LOOKS SO REAL" and "WHAT IS THE GIRL LION'S NAME" a number of times

-I still cry in the sad bits.


-Melbourne zoo's Roar 'n' Snore was even better than I imagined. With amazing animals on the night and morning tours, yummy food, cool tents and great guides like Jackie and Michelle it was enjoyed by all who went.

-When the guide asked us to toss the apples in the direction of the elephant Bong Su, I was glad Harper was too young to attend. I imagine a two year old trying to hit an elephant in the head with a flying apple would be frowned upon.

-a Murder Bird is called so because it sounds like a woman screaming. It really does, and scares the crap out of you when it "screams" at 3am.

-after a week of Tannah saying "I hope we see the serval,it's nocturnal" and "do you think we'll get to see the Serval?" I was delighted that we indeed saw a serval.


-Tannah can now add "feeding a giraffe" to the list of awesome things she has done.

-Hanging out with the other ace bloggers and their families from Picklebums, Stuff With Thing, The Diary of Joni and Anya, Planning with Kids, Diary of a Mad Cow and Toushka Lee was great fun and full of laughs as usual.

-the opportunity to hang out with just my biggest girl was nice too.

-a Roar 'n' Snore is totally worth putting on your to-do list. Our family are Friends Of The Zoos members and frequent Melbourne zoo often and I know I found seeing the zoo at night and getting up close to the animals in the morning was a whole new experience for us. And camping is always fun :)

-hearing Tannah singing Hakuna Matata today and banging on (and on and on) about Simba and the whole Roar 'n' snore adventure makes me so grateful for this experience!

-watch this space for an awesome Lion King giveaway from Porter Novelli next week!

(disclosure- Tannah and I were guests of Porter Novelli and attended the Lion King 3D and Roar n Snore at Melbourne Zoo free of charge. All opinions expressed are my own)

So what do you know?

Related Posts with Thumbnails